This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Community Protocols and Procedures and Customary Law (CPP)
published:11 Aug 2016
Biocultural Community Protocol for Cerrado Raizeiras
This "Biocultural Community Protocol for Cerrado Raizeiras - the customary right of healers in the Cerrado biome of Brazil" , is directly related to the implementation of CBD in Brazil, specifically articles 8"j" and 10 "c", which advise signatory countries to "respect, preserve and maintain knowledge, innovations and practices of indigenous and local communities" and recognise their fundamental role in preserving biodiversity with attention to gender equity. The healers propose training and public consultation for local communities about the National Laws for Accessing Genetic Resources and Benefits Share, before its approval by the National Congress.
- Community Protocol for Cerrado Raizeiras.pdf () (/api/v2013/documents/E5195138-7269-5615-AD9E-E25D19844AFB/attachments/Community%20Protocol%20for%20Cerrado%20Raizeiras.pdf)
- Protocolo_Comunitario-Raizeiras.pdf () (/api/v2013/documents/E5195138-7269-5615-AD9E-E25D19844AFB/attachments/Protocolo_Comunitario-Raizeiras.pdf)
Jaqueline Evangelista Dias & Lourdes Cardozo Laureano (orgs.)
- Organization: Articulação Pacari (PACARI Network)
Rua Gumercindo Fernandes, 960 - Buarque de Macedo Conselheiro Lafaiete Minas gerais,Articulação Pacari (PACARI Network)Non-governmental organization (NGO)
36.413.000,BrazilPhone: +55 31 8417 4460,Fax:Email: email@example.com,Website: http://www.pacari.org.br,
- Community protocols and procedures
This publication is availabile for reproduction for educational or non-profit purpose.
- Nagoya Protocol
- Access to traditional knowledge associated with genetic resources, including prior informed consent or approval or involvement
- For commercial use
- For non-commercial use
- Mutually agreed terms
- Monetary benefits
- Non-monetary benefits
- On access to traditional knowledge associated with genetic resources and benefit-sharing
- Traditional knowledge associated with genetic resources
- Community protocols
- Customary laws and procedures
- All types of genetic resources
In the line with of the goals established by the government to stop the loss of biodiversity by 2020 through the National Strategic Plan for Brazilian Biodiversity, the healers created their own goals for Cerrado biodiversity. The Goals of the Healers lists their priorities for practicing traditional medicine according to how the government presents the main points of its National Strategic Plan.