Accessing GR in a country that is not Party to the Protocol? What are my obligations?
17 Feb 2022
- If a country is not a Party to the Nagoya Protocol, does this mean we do not need to comply with the Nagoya Protocol in accessing their resources?
- I wish to access genetic resources in a foreign country that is not Party to the Nagoya Protocol. What are my obligations?
- What if I am accessing resources that have already been commercialized, or from a collection (ex-situ)?
- Accessing GR in a country that is not Party to the Protocol? What are my obligations?
- For the ABS permit, should I apply to the provider country or the country where the genetic resources are being utilized?