This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Virtual Library Resource (VLR)
published: 06 Feb 2020
How to publish ABS procedures on the ABS Clearing-House
This presentation was delivered as a webinar on publishing Access and Benefit-Sharing (ABS) procedures on the ABS Clearing-House (ABS-CH) held in February 2020 in English, French and Spanish. The webinar is aimed at strengthening capacities of ABS-CH Publishing Authorities and National Authorized Users to publish their ABS rules and procedures in the ABS-CH. ABS procedures are meant to provide simple and straightforward guidance to applicants seeking access to genetic resources and/or associated traditional knowledge through the steps required to access such resources or knowledge in the country. ABS procedures therefore provide very useful information to publish on a country profile page.
- ABS PROCEDURES_English_Final_1.pdf (English) (/api/v2013/documents/C9BD96F0-93DE-5456-1287-BE6DE8ADD4A4/attachments/ABS%20PROCEDURES_English_Final_1.pdf)
- ABS PROCEDURES_Francais.pdf (French) (/api/v2013/documents/C9BD96F0-93DE-5456-1287-BE6DE8ADD4A4/attachments/ABS%20PROCEDURES_Francais.pdf)
- ABS PROCEDURES_Spanish_Final.pdf (Spanish) (/api/v2013/documents/C9BD96F0-93DE-5456-1287-BE6DE8ADD4A4/attachments/ABS%20PROCEDURES_Spanish_Final.pdf)
- Organization: Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD)
413. St-Jacques Street, Suite 800 Montreal, QuebecSecretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD)UN and other specialized agency of the UN Common System
H2Y 1N9,CanadaPhone: +1(541)288-2220,Fax: +1(514)288-6588,Email: email@example.com,Website: http://www.cbd.int,
Electronic presentation file (e.g. Power point)
File is a PDF and requires Acrobat Reader for viewing.
- Raising awareness
- Providing technical guidance
- 16. Nagoya Protocol on ABS
- Key area 1: Capacity to implement and to comply with the obligation of the Protocol
- 1.6 Employing the best available communication tools and Internet-based systems for ABS activities including providing information to the ABS Clearing-House
- 2.7 Promoting compliance with domestic legislation or regulatory requirements on ABS