This document has been updated. This is not the latest published version. Click here to view the latest version of the record.
Virtual Library Resource (VLR)
published:09 Dec 2019
Video on Monitoring Utilization of Genetic Resources through the ABS Clearing-House Simply Explained
This short animated video clip explains monitoring the utilization of genetic resources through the ABS Clearing-House, including the role of competent national authorities, checkpoints and checkpoint communiques.
- ABS Monitoring Video in English (English) (https://vimeo.com/263320356/513f748f8a)
- ABS Monitoring Video in French (French) (https://vimeo.com/271280247/c5fc5c5113)
- ABS Monitoring Video in Spanish (Spanish) (https://vimeo.com/278150944/b77e039d7b)
- ABS Monitoring Video in Arabic (Arabic) (https://vimeo.com/276854760/5a244a050e)
- ABS Monitoring Video in Russian (Russian) (https://vimeo.com/378382330)
ABS Capacity Development Initiative; Convention on Biological Diversity
- Organization: Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD)
413. St-Jacques Street, Suite 800 Montreal, QuebecSecretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD)UN and other specialized agency of the UN Common System
H2Y 1N9,CanadaPhone: +1(541)288-2220,Fax: +1(514)288-6588,Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,Website: http://www.cbd.int,
- Learning aid and support (e.g. presentation, lecture notes, worksheet, quiz, video, images, audio clips)
- Civil society organizations
- Private Sector
- Research / Academia
- Ex-situ collections
All rights reserved. These videos have been jointly developed by the ABS Capacity Development Initiative (ABS CDI) in cooperation with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD), with all intellectual property rights owned by the ABS CDI and SCBD. They may be reproduced by any method without fee for any educational purposes, provided that the source is acknowledged. For copying in other circumstances or for reproduction in other publications, prior written permission must be granted from the copyright owner. Requests should be directed to the SCBD at email@example.com.
- 16. Nagoya Protocol on ABS
- Key area 1: Capacity to implement and to comply with the obligation of the Protocol
- 1.7 Developing mechanisms to monitor the utilization of genetic resources, including the designation of checkpoints